Tetrahedron is a privately held company created in July 2003 by Jean-Claude YADAN, Irene ERDELMEIER and Marc MOUTET.
Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry (1983) – President
After working for Roussel-Uclaf as research chemist, Jean-Claude co-founded Bioxytech in 1989, a French biotech company focused on Free Radical Biology. Jean-Claude led R&D projects within Bioxytech/Oxis SA and acted as Chief Scientific Officer and Managing Director of Oxis SA. Jean-Claude created Analytics Biophysics International in 1998, a CRO in Bioanalytical Chemistry, and co-created Expertise and Consulting in 2001, a CRO in Medicinal Chemistry. Jean-Claude co-founded Tetrahedron with Irene and Marc in 2003.
PhD in Organic Chemistry (1990) – Director of Chemistry
Following her doctorate at Darmstadt and a Post-Doc in Paris, Irene joined Bioxytech in 1992, a French biotech company focused on Free Radical Biology. Irene led R&D projects for 7 years within Bioxytech/Oxis SA and acted as Director of Chemistry of Oxis SA. After leading R&D-projects for active photoprotection at L’Oréal, Irene co-created Expertise and Consulting in 2001, a CRO in Medicinal Chemistry. Irene co-founded Tetrahedron with Jean-Claude and Marc in 2003.
PhD in Physico-Chemistry Applied to Biology (1986) – Director of Preclinical Development
After managing the Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry at Helena Rubinstein (L’Oréal Group), Marc was involved in creating Bioxytech in 1989, a French biotech company focused on Free Radical Biology. Marc led R&D projects and pre-clinical studies for 10 years within Bioxytech/Oxis SA and acted as Director of Biology of Oxis SA. Marc joined Expertise and Consulting, a CRO in Medicinal Chemistry, before co-founding Tetrahedron with Irene and Jean-Claude in 2003.
The goal of Tetrahedron is to help maintain or restore a healthy life by designing and developing new active ingredients for cosmeceutical, nutritional, biomedical and therapeutical applications.
These ingredients may be:
- Natural compounds, such as L-ergothioneine, for which Tetrahedron develops new and sustainable synthesis processes allowing an industrial production of these compounds. In this regard, Tetrahedron proposes L-ergothioneine in bulk quantities, as ERGONEINE® for Nutrition and as BIONEINE® for Cosmetics.
- Or original molecules derived from natural compounds, such as NutraSelen®, a precursor of L-selenomethionine, therefore providing proprietary compounds.
The Management Team has a shared experience of over 20 years in designing and managing R&D projects in Cosmetics, Diagnostics, Nutrition and Therapeutics, including in particular the Research and Development of new active compounds and the patent filing.
Its expertise lies at the Chemistry-Biology interface, in Free Radical Biology, Enzymology, Sulphur and Selenium Chemistry, as well as in process development in the context of sustainable chemistry.
Publications / Communications and patents
Patent portfolio of Tetrahedron
- New selenohydroxy acids and their derivatives, applications in nutrition, cosmetics and pharmaceutics (WO2006008190)
- Process for preparing 2-hydroxy-4-methylselenobutyric acid, alone or as a mixture with its sulphur-containing analogue, and uses thereof in nutrition, in particular in animal nutrition (WO2008049927)
- Non-photosynthetic micro-organisms enriched with organic selenium from seleno-hydroxyacid compounds, and applications thereof in the fields of nutrition, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals (WO2010023291)
- Method for the synthesis of 2-thiohistidine and the like (WO2011042478)
- Method for the synthesis of ergothioneine and the like (WO2011042480)